This blog is a repost from: Eating Gluten and Dairy Free.
The holiday season is upon us, and I’m looking forward to Christmastime favorites. As we head into the coveted cookie, dessert, and snacking season, I wanted to find a way to incorporate 3 family favorites into one addictive snack mix. And so this Christmas Snack Mix is the ultimate grab and go mix. I mean, why not… let’s go big or go home this holiday season with a puppy chow and No Whey Foods Peppermint No No’s mixture to send our taste buds a-wild.
This Christmas Snack Mix offers all the seasonal tastes– Chex mix cereal coated in peanut butter, melted chocolate, and powdered sugar. Combined with candy that has an outside crunchy coating with an inside of soft chocolate that tastes like mint chocolate. These Peppermint No No’s are the best and reminiscent of M&M’s.
And with a little planning ahead you can enjoy this mix in minutes! Order these Peppermint No No’s now– enjoy them in this recipe, as treats to pull from your purse, and as stocking stuffers. You’ll find links below to order yours.
Christmas snack mix ingredients + recipe notes
- puppy chow— also known as muddie buddies, has been a family favorite for years. Traditionally I prepare this mix for Christmas Eve and even throughout the year. Follow the easy recipe for homemade puppy chow on my website here.
- No Whey Foods Peppermint No No’s— easily the star of this recipe! These are free of the common 8 allergens and are vegan too. Available for purchase on their website and on Amazon here. These taste delicious in this snack mix and right out of the bag.
- pretzels— Snyder’s of Hanover are certified gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free. Available for purchase on Amazon and local grocery stores.
- more suggestions— mini marshmallows, chocolate chunks, popcorn
- note— add the pretzels just before serving